Dear valued patients:
With the arrival of the COVID-19 pandemic in South Africa, I understand that you may queries and concerns about the virus and its impact on treatment at my practice be it for consultations or potential elective surgery. In addition, you may have queries about Mediclinic’s readiness in dealing with the matter.
This issue is complex and accurate information is essential to understand the risk whilst at the same time receiving the treatment that my patients all require. In this regard MediClinic in conjunction with staff on the ground have daily information and planning meetings where the unfolding developments are discussed and addressed.
In relation to any patient attending my practice MediClinic and I have implemented strict protocols as per our directives from the president and health professionals Council of South Africa.
1. Regular HAND WASHING, with soap and water remains the most effective way of combatting the spread of the virus.
PLEASE DO SO AS YOU ENTER THE PRACTISE AND WHEN LEAVING.
2. We will clean all contact surfaces including equipment with surface disinfectant between patients
3. If you need to cough or sneeze please do so in a flexed elbow, or a tissue that will have to be flushed. Then
wash/sanitize your hands again.
4. There will be space between patients waiting in my consultation rooms as per government guidelines.
5. Should you wish to wait in the car until your consultation time slot arrives you may do so in my rooms will give you a phone call to come up to the rooms and have a consultation.
6. If you exhibit signs or symptoms of the flu, STAY AWAY from the practise. The recommended time to stay in self
quarantine is 14 days.
7. If you have been in contact with someone who has travelled abroad recently to moderate or high-risk areas or who
has flu like symptoms please institute self-isolation and contact the NICD hotline on 0800 029 999.
8. NB: IF YOU OR A CLOSE CONTACT HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH COVID 19, WE ASK THAT YOU INFORM US
IMMEDIALTY SO WE CAN PUT ADDITIONAL MEASURES IN PLACE!!
With respect to surgeries that have been booked over this time MediClinic head office has assured us that all elective surgeries may continue until further notice.